Thursday, March 17, 2011

Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Last Olympian


Since the 4th Percy Jackson book was so good, I decided to just go ahead and finish up the series with the 5th book, The Last Olympian, and I wasn't disappointed! It was maybe a little predictable (I noticed a lot of similarities to Harry Potter throughout the entire series), but it was still fun to read. I think I would have enjoyed reading these books more if I would have followed them from the very beginning like I did with Harry Potter. The anticipation really adds to the enjoyment of the story in some cases, and I also read these books so fast back to back that it seemed like the characters aged in super fast motion, lol! Overall, I would definitely recommend this book, the story is thrilling and very funny at the same time. I actually laughed out loud quite a bit - like literally lol'd. I've noticed a lot of my 5th and 6th grade students reading these, so they're really popular. There are a couple of other series books by Riordan, and one is actually a spin-off of Percy Jackson called the Heroes of Olympus that is just coming out. I think I'll read the 1st one (The Lost Hero) and hopefully follow the series as it comes out (The second book is due out this fall). Now maybe I can get back to Darkly Dreaming Dexter, it might be nice to read an adult book for a change... or will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment