Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Audio Books

My husband and I have recently discovered that with all of the driving we do (we're 25 minutes from work and 30-40 from the nearest decent shopping!) that we really love listening to audio books in the car. Most public libraries in Nebraska have a service called Overdrive where you can "check out" and download audio books to play on your iPod. The downside is that it still has a somewhat limited collection and it's been so popular that there always seems to be a waiting list for different titles, but it's been a great way for us to experience a new book together for free :) We recently just finished The Hunger Games (I've read it before but he hasn't, and he loved it!) and he has been bugging me about getting the next one ever since. It's currently all "checked out" and there's a pretty long waiting list for it, so for something short to fill in the gap I downloaded The Boy in Striped Pajamas by John Boyne. I know they recently made a movie of it, but I really haven't heard much about either the book or movie. Has anyone read it or seen the movie? I'm interested to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment